Thursday 13 January 2011

Forms and Sending Mail

Wow, turns out the whole mail form issue was a a fair bit more complex than I'd thought. A day in though and I think I've cracked it.

Lots of PHP, a bit of JAVA and a couple of new pages on the site.

I had to trawl round a whole load of different sites and tutorials to work out everything I needed to get it right. Definitely the leader of the pack is this page at TheSiteWizard.com. It's a great introduction into PHP programming and the subsequent two tutorials help you tidy things up and start protecting yourself from the spammers. Thanks very much to their author Christopher Heng.

There were a whole load of extra issues to sort out - stopping email injection attacks, validating the user input and a bunch of formatting things.

I'll write the whole lot up properly tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

keep it nice now