Saturday 8 January 2011

Site Logo

All the following is the text from the webpage www.RichsWebArchive.com/aboutthissite/logo/index.php and it reads as though you are viewing the actual page:

I wanted to set the logo for the site that comes up by the site name in browsers.

The first thing to do is create your logo. It needs to fit in a 16 x 16 pixel box, which is pretty damn small. I started by creating a 160 x 160 pixel .png file in Adobe Fireworks.

Then I found a great website that converts the .png file into the files you need, pops then in a .zip archive with instructions for how to use them. It gives you a static version and an animated one. I renamed one of these and put in the site's root directory.

Instead of putting the code line:

< link rel="shortcut icon" href="/rwaicon1.ico" > 

into every page on the site I decided to make a .inc file called sitewideheadcode.inc and I put the code in there. Then I put a php include to load sitewideheadcode.inc at the end of all the head sections in the code on each page.

So now i can easilly add code to the end of every head section on the site and my logo works. If I need to change the logo it's just one edit.

Once again, all the preceding text is from the webpage www.RichsWebArchive.com/aboutthissite/logo/index.php and it reads as though you are viewing the actual page:

No comments:

Post a Comment

keep it nice now