Saturday 8 January 2011

Site Objectives

Originally written on Friday 7th January 2011


All the following is the text from the webpage www.RichsWebArchive.com/siteobjectives/index.php and it reads as though you are viewing the actual page:

How much time is there? Eventually I need to earn some money and stop doing this. In the mean time though I hope the site will grow into several different sections coving the main technologies in use on the web.

To begin with I'm concentrating on XHTML and CSS and getting used to writing the code. Next up on this front is to write a form and have the information emailed to me. Maybe I'll try a bit of JAVA to validate the input.

Eventually I'll take a look at some server-side technologies, Perl and MySQL probably.

All the files and associated code for this site are freely available for downloading. You can do whatever you like with them. Generally I'll link a download to a particular page when I've finished it. One thing to be aware of is that these downloads are like a snapshot in time, and may not reflect the current state of the site.

I've found a friend who wants me to write a website for their business too. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn on a real job and earn some money too. I'll be documenting anything new and useful I learn along the way with that here too.

I have also made a companion blog to this website. The main articles here will be copied there but I'm also going to use it just to jot down small quick things I learn along the way.

Once again, all the preceding the text is from the webpage www.RichsWebArchive.com/siteobjectives/index.php and it reads as though you are viewing the actual page:

No comments:

Post a Comment

keep it nice now